- Proposal submission: NOW CLOSED
- Deadline for Proposal submission: NOW CLOSED
- Acceptance Notification: 15 March 2021
- Presenters conference registration deadline: 31 May 2021
- Deadline for Manuscript submission: 1 July 2021
- Deadline for full paper review and modification: 18 August 2021
Proposals should clearly align to one of the conference tracks and be targeted to address application by researchers, educators, students, practitioners, and professionals in related and supporting fields.
Proposals should fall into the format categories of oral presentation, workshop or poster presentation.
Oral presentations will be 15 OR 30 minutes in length. You will be asked to designate your preferred length in the abstract.
Workshop formats are 90-minutes and are intended to encourage participant engagement, tangible take-aways and evidence of best practice. Three to five specific learning objectives that the participants will achieve from your proposed session must be included in the abstract. Learning objectives, or learning outcomes, are statements that clearly describe what the participants are expected to learn and how participants can apply this knowledge in practice or other professional contexts as a result of having attended an educational program or activity. These must be observable and measurable.
Poster presentations are intended to showcase research, innovation, or best practice in the conference tracks. Presenters are expected to be at their poster during the poster session to engage in discussion with conference participants. Posters should be made into a PDF file using Microsoft PowerPoint or any equivalent software. Don’t know where to start with making your poster? CLICK HERE to watch an instructional video.
- The official language of the symposium is English. Only abstracts written in English will be accepted for review.
- Abstracts should be thoroughly checked for spelling (English) and grammar.
- A submitted abstract that does not follow ISHS guidelines, or does not have near-perfect English will be returned to the author for corrections and if not improved and re-submitted by the deadline, the abstract could be rejected. Please refer to the ISHS Authors Guide.
After proposal acceptance, all oral presenters, including invited and keynote speakers, must submit a manuscript for Acta Horticulturae (ISSN 0567‐ 7572) a peer reviewed series – if this is not agreed to by the author(s), the work can be presented as a poster instead. Authors of posters are welcomed to submit a manuscript for Acta Horticulturae but posters cannot be published as such. For guidelines and instructions on how to prepare your manuscript for publication in Acta Horticulturae see ISHS authors guide. Manuscripts must be submitted by the start of the symposium. Assistance with uploading your manuscript will be provided at the registration desk during the symposium.
Presenter Registration: All presenters must register and pay for the Symposium by 25 August 2021 or their proposal will be withdrawn.
Information that will be required for online submission:
- Title of your abstract (do not use all uppercase to enter the title of your abstract)
- Select the method of preference for your presentation: oral, poster, or either, or workshop. The Scientific Committee reserves the right to decide on the final presentation method.
- Abstract: no more than 300 words
- Try to use plain text only
- Keep formatting to a minimum
- Do not enter author details in the abstract field. Author details will be entered later in the online process.
- Abstracts must not contain tables, pictures, or diagrams.
- All abbreviations must be spelled out on first use.
- Please specify the thematic topic to which you are applying as well as the presentation type (15 minute oral, 30 minute oral, poster, either oral or poster, workshop) at the bottom of the abstract.
- Provide relevant keywords. Carefully consider the keywords to use – do not simply repeat words from the abstract title. Comma separate keywords.
- If at all required you may add some additional notes or remarks to the convener. In most cases there is no need for comments just leave this field empty.
- Enter list of authors names and addresses
For detailed instructions go here: https://www.ishs.org/sites/default/files/page-documents/onlinesubmissionauthorsguide.pdf